- Shockpulse is an Autobot in the Movie continuity family.
Shockpulse is the "Twin" of Thunderboom, who is a Decepticon. Shockpulse is also quite a bit like Silverbolt (Beast Wars), albeit smarter and less superhero-like. He also seems to harbor a great dislike of Evil Police Cars.
- "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings... even Decepticons."
- —Shockpulse on deciding the fate of a group of Decepticons, The Decepticon Elite Force
The Decepticon Elite Force book series
Following a failed Transwarp experiment by the Mini-Con named Thunderboom, a portion of the Mini-Con's spark was sent hurtling across Cybertron. It finally found its way to an inactive Protoform, wich was to become its body.
Shockpulse, as he was to become known as, joined the Autobots in their battle against the evil Decepticons, while Thunderboom, the Mini-Con whose spark he shared, would go on to create a new body for himself, and become a Decepticon. Shockpulse believed so firmly in Optimus Prime's doctrine of "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings", that he would soon adopt it as his own motto.
While on Cybertron, Shockpulse soon established a fierce rivalry with Barricade, Shockpulse hating the Decepticon's treachery and deceit, and Barricade hating the Autobot's honesty and loyalty.
Shockpulse was the first to suggest that the All Spark be hidden from the Decepticons and Megatron.
It was during this period that Shockpulse and Thunderboom first met face-to-face during a battle over the All Spark, while it was being moved to its "hiding place" (Tyger Pax). Upon realising that when one was hurt, the other felt it, they quickly deduced that their sparks were joined. It was also during this battle that Shockpulse was unable to pervent Thunderboom from interfacing with the All Spark, and gaining a new body, just as Megatron had.
Since then, even on Earth, Thunderboom and Shockpulse have been watching out for one another, because if one was destroyed, the other one would be, as well.
On Earth, Shockpulse chose the form of an XB-70 Valkyrie, which, besides from being a bit out-of-place, is still better than "hiding" in his Cybertronian mode, which actually resembles a Valkyrie.
- Along with Thunderboom and Megatron, Shockpulse is one of the only Transformers to have a Cybertronian Alternate Mode which is capable of space flight without having to revert to a Protoform.
- As an XB-70 Valkyrie, Shockpulse is, by far, the fastest of the Autobots currently on Earth.